(whatever the classic route is)
(4th in a series of posts about my 2012 trip to the High Sierra)
.JPG) |
| We hiked the 8 or so miles into the campsite the evening before (mostly in the dark) the climbed and hiked out the following day. |
.JPG) |
| Neale insisted on doing the 10a direct start, which proved to be very high quality. |
.JPG) |
| The climbing was steep and good, with some loose rock. |
.JPG) |
| There is a tradition of, particularly when it comes to route finding, me being right and Neale being wrong. That tradition appeared to be ending after a series of debates ended with Neale being right. I thought that moving out right into the dihedral I'm entering in this photo would be the correct choice. For once, I was right, and so this photo makes me smile. |
.JPG) |
| I thought this seemed hard for 5.8. Neale thought I seemed like a pussy. |
.JPG) |
| Neale gets us onto the summit ridge. |
.JPG) |
| I started leading the summit ridge. |
.JPG) |
| The climbing on the summit ridge was about as good as it gets - very steep, very exposed, and really easy. This is on, or very near, the summit. |
.JPG) |
| And so, victory in hand, it became time to pose. |
.JPG) |
| A forest fire was started in our honour. |
.JPG) |
| The sun eclipsed Neale's moment. |
.JPG) |
| Clyde Minaret. |
.JPG) |
| Back at the lake, getting ready to bust the hike out in record time in order to catch the bus out of the park. |
No comments:
Post a Comment