Friday, February 3, 2012

pictures through the window

Its been cold in Fairbanks.  Really cold.  Rarely above -30C and as cold as -45C.  When its that cold it can be really pretty - but I took all of my photos through three panes of glass.  The following photos are from different days in January:

What -50F looks like.

The Tanana Flats and the Hayes Range

Sometimes I took photos of the windows themselves:




A Fata Morgana mirage:

The Hayes Range with a mild Fata Morgana mirage.
A close-up from the above photo.  The pointy peak on the right is Mt. Hess.

Another Fata Morgana, except this time the mirage is on Wood River Butte, a hill between me and the Hayes Range (see the panoramic shot at the top of this post for a good view).  The mirage makes the butte look much larger than it really is.

A close-up of the above photo, to better show the layering.

The cold weather has finally broken.  I hope to take some photos from outside sometime soon

No comments:

Post a Comment